Family was just playing fetch with their dog by the lake. Now, they are warning others

How can such a simple act end in a tragedy? When one family spent a delightful afternoon at the local lake for a family party, they never thought such a terrible event would follow it.
After playing fetch in and out of the lake, the family's two-year-old Schnauzer named, Hanz, died unexpectedly. He had started showing signs of lethargy after tirelessly playing with his beloved family. Hanz was estimated to have gone in and out of the water at least twenty times that day, which is what probably lead to his unfortunate death.
Advertisement
Inside Edition
Experts believe that Hanz died of water intoxication or a condition called hyponatremia. This condition is a result of swallowing too much water, leading to swelling and eventual brain damage.
Hanz's family is truly heartbroken over the loss of their dog, especially because it could have been prevented. They are now making efforts in warning other families about water intoxication in pets, and how to take proper action from letting it happen in the first place.
Inside Edition
To help raise awareness on water intoxication, please share Hanz's story to others so that another unfortunate tragedy can be prevented.
Advertisement
Resources

Nana the border collie is no ordinary dog. She has been trained with positive reinforcement and 'clicker training'...
February 18   ·  
Advertisement
No longer able to care for the puppy, Ronnie's owner gives him a chance at a new life.
February 18   ·  
When Rogue and Beast met, it was clear they were meant to be together as brother and sister and BFFs. Luckily Rogue's owner noticed it too and was fine with adopting another dog.
February 18   ·  
The staff was enraptured at what was happening on the other side of the glass.
January 30   ·  
A baby bear needs a hero, and this man steps up to the plate.
February 7   ·  
This kitten has purrfect timing when it comes to grooving to the music.
January 26   ·  
 
Recommended
Advertisement